CCPL’s funding needs to be restored. Library hours and services are at risk of remaining limited until the Library’s budget is fully funded.
The Friends Foundation’s mission is to support our award-winning library and many of you have asked how you can help, too.
CCPL’s Executive Director Morgan Miller has submitted the Library’s FY23 Budget to the County Executive and will present it to the County Council this spring.
The requested funds in the FY23 budget will allow CCPL to provide the following:
- Reestablish more evening hours and meeting room access at the North East, Elkton, and Perryville branches.
- Reestablish more operating days at the Chesapeake and Cecilton branches.
- Increase county-wide support for citizens who need assistance with employment and small business development.
- Improve after-school and weekend services to teens in Chesapeake City, Cecilton, and Perryville, where daily library usage by teens is high but the branches are understaffed to support these needs.
2. Download and share social media graphics.
3. Pick up a window cling at any of our branch locations!
4. Watch this video on “How to be a Library Advocate in 60 Seconds or Less”
5. Attend and register to comment at the Public Hearing on the Annual Budget on Thursday, May 19 at 7 pm at Elkton High School.