How Many Items Can I Check Out?
- DVDs: 15
- Video Games: 4
- Express Reads: No limit
- New Books: No limit
- Audio Books: No limit
- Compact Discs: No limit
- OverDrive/Libby eBooks and Audiobooks: 6 at a time
- OverDrive/Libby Magazines: No limit
- Hoopla Movies, TV Shows, Music, Audiobooks, eBooks, and/or Graphic Novels: 10 total each month
- All other materials: No limit
How Long Can I Keep Items?
- DVDs: 7 days
- Video Games: 3 weeks
- Express Reads: 3 weeks
- New Books: 3 weeks
- Audio Books: 3 weeks
- Compact Discs: 3 weeks
- OverDrive/Libby eBooks and Audiobooks: Varies (patron can set)
- Hoopla Movies and TV Shows: 2-3 days
- Hoopla Music: 7 days
- Hoopla Audiobooks, eBooks, and Graphic Novels: 3 weeks
- All other materials: 3 weeks
Please note that these loan limits apply to standard library cards. Student Virtual Library Cards and 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten library cards have other limits.
Express Reads items cannot be renewed or placed on hold. All other Cecil County Public Library items, except for downloadables, can be renewed up to 10 times unless the item is on hold for another patron. InterLibrary loans can be renewed only twice.
You must be at least 18 years old to check out DVDs or video games or to download hoopla movies and TV shows.
Downloadable items are checked out through the Maryland Digital eLibrary (OverDrive/Libby) and hoopla. More information can be found by clicking the links.