How Many Items Can I Check Out?
- DVDs: 15
- Video Games: 4
- Express Reads: 2
- Express DVDs: 2
- New Books: No limit
- Audio Books: No limit
- Compact Discs: No limit
- OverDrive/Libby eBooks and Audiobooks: 6 at a time
- OverDrive/Libby Magazines: No limit
- Hoopla Movies, TV Shows, Music, Audiobooks, eBooks, and/or Graphic Novels: 10 total each month
- All other materials: No limit
How Long Can I Keep Items?
- DVDs: 7 days
- Video Games: 3 weeks
- Express Reads: 3 weeks
- New Books: 3 weeks
- Audio Books: 3 weeks
- Compact Discs: 3 weeks
- OverDrive/Libby eBooks and Audiobooks: Varies (patron can set)
- Hoopla Movies and TV Shows: 2-3 days
- Hoopla Music: 7 days
- Hoopla Audiobooks, eBooks, and Graphic Novels: 3 weeks
- All other materials: 3 weeks
Express Reads items cannot be renewed or placed on hold. All other Cecil County Public Library items, except for downloadables, can be renewed up to 10 times unless the item is on hold for another patron. InterLibrary loans can be renewed only twice.
You must be at least 18 years old to check out DVDs or video games or to download hoopla movies and TV shows.
Patrons with a Maryland Public Library card with borrowing privileges can request up to 20 materials not owned by the Cecil County Public Library system from another Maryland Public Library System using this service. All you need is your library card number to log in.
As Cecil County Public Library is one system, items checked out at one Cecil County Public Library branch may be returned at any Cecil County Public Library branch.
Book drops are provided for your convenience.
|DVDs and Video Games||$1.00/day||$5.00|
|Damaged or Lost Items||Cost|
|Out of State Resident Fee||$35.00/year|
|Lost Card Replacement Fee||$2.00|