Click the links below to access online resources for nonprofits.
Cecil County Public Library Databases
Foundation Center Information
- Candid (Foundation Centers & GuideStar are now Candid) Nonprofits can connect with the resources they need, including research information, funding sources, and training opportunities.
Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is a research tool to help nonprofits find the grantmakers most likely to fund their projects. It provides information and funding history for 235,000 foundations, corporations, and federal agencies.
The Foundation Directory online can only be accessed from Foundation Center sites. Patrons can use the public Wifi at the North East Branch Library to access FDO. For further assistance, contact our Business Librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful Links for Maryland Nonprofits
- Checklist for Starting a Nonprofit in Maryland - PDF format. Adobe Reader required.
- Maryland Association for Nonprofits
- GrantSpace - Online tutorials and trainings related to starting and running a nonprofit.
- Maryland Community Services Locator - Search for specific resources using criteria such as location/address, type of service (e.g. food, housing, legal services), population served, and any applicable payment options.
- Register a Charitable Organization in Maryland